Tuesday 16 March 2010

Calderdale - The Truth Exposed part 4

(continued from Part 3)

It is new year and we had our first contact of the year with baby Free. Everything was OK at contact but there was one thing the SS were whingeing about and that was the amount of frozen breastmilk I had taken to contact. There as a cool bag full of approximately 20 to 30 o those Avent cups full of milk. The SS were seething. I had comments such as "I thought you would have dried up by now." I was fuming I had a right go at that contact worker for making such comments. I said "I will dry up when I am good and bleedin' ready to dry up and that is that!" she then accused me of being aggressive. "don't be aggressive Freebird" she went. "You haven't seen aggressive yet lady and you won't intimmidate me with fancy words!" I had a right old go at the old cow. Contact was still tense while we had this dreadful worker and we were still taping them pmsl :-)

a few weeks later the guardian came to contact and everything was going well. Baby Free wasn't crying and as she was now about 4 months old she was playing happily on the floor with some toys that we had bought her from the market. The guardian wrote a report on contact and yu've guessed it, it was the same arse licking garbage that CAFCRAP usually come up with. Calling themselves "independent" is a joke, they are as independent as my back foot!

Contact was plodding along and we were going and one day in February 2008 I was expressing some milk for baby Free. All of s sudden to my horror the milk went from white to pinky coloured to a complete cup of blood. I had to go to the A and E department as this was a Saturday. The A and E said that the pump I was using to express the milk was too aggressive and they gave me anti biotics as well to clear up any infection. I was in a very distressed state as i thought i couldn't express any more milk for her so I was thinking that yet again the Ss were winning. I was getting sick of it and was really depressed about the whole thing.

Eventually the bleeding stoped and everything returned to normal but not for long. I was again expressing some milk and blood appeared in the milk again. This time I became very very ill and I couldn't attend contact for about 3 days. My husband had to go on his own. I was at home in bed feeling very depressed and useless along with a temperature and headache to boot. My husband took me back to the GP and I was given more antibiotics and told it would clear up again. I just wanted to last until baby Free was 6 months old.

In March 2008 baby Free was given her first solid food at contact. It was Cow & Gate porridge made with breastmilk This was one of the days when the infection had cleared up but it wasn't long until I was ill again. This time I had mastitis and an abscess. I went back to the GP's again and he was saying that it may have been the abscess that caused the bleeding in the first place! Horror filled me when I was sent to hospital for a mamogram I was thinking that I hoped I didn't have breast cancer or something awful.

On the day of the mamogram I had to miss afternoon contact but my husband went instead. Wait for this. The SS accused my husband of putting CONTACT before supporting me at the hospital. The dreadful contact worker had said that my husband should have been with me at the hospital instead of going to contact. If my husband had of gone with me to the hospital he would have been accused of "not being committed to contact!" FFS you can never win with these people. I really am at the end of my teather with it all. It is always a 'lose lose' situation. I old my husband to go to contact and see baby Free because at least she was seeing one of us. The whole thing is just a belly up mess.





No comments:

Post a Comment