Monday 15 March 2010

Calderdale - The Truth Exposed Part 3 My Contact

(continued from Part 2)

On the Sunday night after nearly having a whole weekend of not knowing where my baby was I got a call from a social worker from the emergency duty team. According to them they had been too-ing and frowing trying to find out what was happening. All I got told was that my daugter was in fostercare and that someone would contact me in the morning.

The next morning I had a phone call from baby Free's social worker who I will refer to as "cyberman" because he always sounds so robotic. He told us that baby Free was fostered by old age pensioners in a town 14 miles away. I was thinking "WTF" and was mad that I had to do all that travelling when I had just had a baby. A mother's body is supposed to be rested for 10 days after giving birth (well thats how it used to be in the olden days anyway) but still women are women and wombs are wombs so it should still be the same today. all weekend I was in a right belly up mess. A midwife came with an electric breast pump so that I could express milk for baby Free. I didn't want to express milk like I was a cow I wanted to feed her naturally and have that close bond that all the other mums have with their babies. I just wanted to be normal. I actually felt insulted by it.

On Monday 24th September we had our first contact with baby Free. We were stuck in a small room in a surestart centre which was part of a college. Things were a belly up mess because she had been given teats all weekend so I had a job getting her to feed. The SS were absolutely determined to hamper me from breastfeeding in any which way they could possible. My husband and I bought some teats for baby Free that were lets say close to nature but the foster carer's didn't let her use them. Baby Free would have had to use the teat as if she was being fed naturally. I had a massive row with the contact supervisor over this and kept quoting Munby :-) Contact was originally for an hour and a half a day but the judge ordered it to be made into 3 hours as I was a breastfeeding mum.

One day I was at contact and I had turned up ill. I had a temperature it was about October 2007. I felt rotten and had to go and see the doctor. The contact worker told me off for arriving ill but I had managed to get an appointment with the GP after contact.

Once I got to the GP's they examined me and found that I had a condition called mastitis. This is an infection of the breasts which can be caused by not being allowed to feed properly. The GP was saying that I have to feed wherever possible to help get relieved of it and express when necessary. I had to travel 14 miles a day 5 days a week to contact and on top of that express milk for baby Free. I even had to express at contact and it got written in contact reports that I was "expressing milk and not playing with baby!" I had mastitis ffs it took me all my time to get to frigging contact when I was so ill let alone have some tart in nail varnish and lipstick whingeing at me. An official complaint was made to this contact supervisor's manager but as per usual nothing was done and that wound me up further. I had nothing but problems with this woman and while she was at contacts the contacts were uncomfortable for months. Lucky for me I took my voice recorder to contact and recorded them all. In the end they found out and I got a bollocking but as you know lol I gave as good as I got. They got told that "I'm using it like it or lump it. If you didn't bloody lie and write crap I wouldn't have to use it would I". I thought "f**k 'em!"

In November 2007 when baby Free was about 6 weeks old things were really in a belly up mess. She had to have her first operation on her eyes to remove the cataracts that she had been born with. This op was on her right eye. We were told that the op was successful and that everything was all right. They had put a contact lens in baby Free's eye while she was asleep as well. Baby Free had to stay in hospital all night and nobody would let me stay with her. It was awful and embarrassing because the whole time I was at hospital for er operations I was being supervised by the SS nazis. The bitch contact worker was there in the morning and then Cyberman came in the afternoon. I am just glad we were in a side room because goodness knows what other parents would have thought if we hadn't been!

The week after baby Free had her first eye operation she was yet again in a belly up mess. We had taken her to the health centre during contact and she had her first jabs. Things didn't go too well because A: her eye was sore and very red and B: she reacted badly to the jabs. The SS bought baby Free to contact the next day screaming and it got to the stage where we had to tell the contact worker to take her home and get her to the doctors. We phoned up asking after her at about 4 O'Clock. I phoned up and asked the SS if baby Free had been taken to a doctor and to my horror she hadn't! I went absolutely mental! She was very distressed and she was screaming her head off and nobody had taken her to the doctor's instead they just phoned a health visitor and according to this health visitor she was all right. The health visitor was NOT qualified in ophthalmics so she didn't have a clue about baby Free's eyes.

Eventually after a bit of pushing they got her to a doctor the next day and baby Free had go an infection in her right eye.

In December 2007 Baby Free had to have her left eye operated on. Again we were supervised by the SS but luckily baby Free was released the same day. The foster care's had to put no end of drops in her eyes and change contact lenses after she had her operation it was awful.

I saw baby Free as often as possible throug contact and she was always grizzly poor little love. as usual the SS said we made her grizzly but yet again she had, had an operation and her second lot of jabs so that put her in a belly up mess.

This was going to be baby Free's first christmas as well. I saw her on christmas eve in a GP's surgery because everywhere else was shut. That contact was very emotional as we had bought baby Free loads of presents and spoild her rotten! After that we didn't see her until new year and I left that contact very upset and in a belly up mess. I was still expressing milk for her and sent her absolutely loads of the stuff. The foster carer's freezer was overrun with it lol she kept moaning. The milk had to be frozen over the xmas holidays and the SS had to collect it to take it to baby Free pmsl!!!!!

I am going to write more in my next posting as more stuff goes belly up later on and I end up in hospital for the afternoon!

Freebird

No comments:

Post a Comment