Saturday 20 March 2010

My Thoughts and What Lead to Me Being sterilised.

As I log on to Facebook and open my page yet again I see more horror stories. Horror stories about the social services taking more children away for the flimsiest of reasons. The latest horror story I saw was about a Midlands couple who had to flee the UK to prevent their 2 youngsters from going into care. "Fleeing the UK" you may think but this is becoming more of a frequent occurance as time goes on. People are not fleeing the UK because they are fed up with the rain, fed up with the economy or fed up of lack of jobs they are fleeing because they may be pregnant and have been told that their child will be removed from them straight after birth. Many people who live in other countries do not believe that we have such a draconion system but sadly we do. The children that are removed as newborns are then put up for forced adoption. The definition of a forced adoption is when the courts dispense with the parents' consent through means of a placement order. Before a placement order is sought there has to be care proceedings which is usually a 9 month to a years' process. During these "proceedings" assessments are done to see if the parent is suitable to care for the child. many parents are deemed unsuitable. Most children are not removed for physical abuse or sexual abuse but purely for possible emotional abuse and this has to stop for once and for all. Children are dying because the UK social services are removing healthy children from loving families on vague and unproven notions. How can anyone defend themselves in court against "possible emotional abuse!" I see this day in day out on my Facebook page and to be quite frank it is starting to get on my nerves. The questions that are going through my mind are " what is being done to stop this?" Why hasn't anybody in government got the balls to stand up and say "hey! This is all wrong?" The answers is because of paper and metal commonly known to us as money. It sickens me to the stomach to think that we live in a country where money comes before the needs of children and families. Many families do not need children removing and can just be put on a Family in Need plan. To balance this there are children who need removing but the children who actually do need removing end up dead so it is too late! - after all dead babies are no use to adopters are they!

I've often had thoughts about these adopters and wondered why there are so many of these "infertile" couples. I've even questioned in some cases whether or not it is their own fault. They may have gone to university when they were younger, went out living the students lfe, caught an STI such as Chlamydia and now they can't have kids because their tubes are blocked. Others may have passed the chance by to have children while they were young and now expect us women who have got kids to clean up their regretful mess i.e. Adoption. However there are people who have genuine reasons why they can't have kids and it is those who I feel sorry for. The thing is I don't want them having mine or anyone elses through forced adoption. Adoption is one of those things that does have it's place however it should be done through choice and not forced on someone.

While I was on Facebook the other day I read something ese that worried me a great deal. That is that the government are dropping court application fees for the SS to initiate care proceedings. This means that the SS can take us to court for free. This to me is dreadful. I predict that by the year 2020 every pregnant woman in the UK will have to have a prebirth assessment to see if she is deemed suitable by the state to raise her child. Most undoubtly will not be. They will just be use as "breeders" for the social services.

Much to my relief I will never have a baby again especially after what happened with my daughter and her eyes. On 23rd Febraury this year i was sterilised. I didn't even worry about the usual stuff that you worry about when going into hospital like catching MRSA :-) or not waking up after the anaesthetic I was as relaxed as anything. On the day of my sterilisation I just had this sense of relief if that makes any sense. I went into hospital at 11am, sat around reading magazines but I was starving hungry as I hadn't been allowed to have anything to eat then at 2PM they took me down to theatre. I was put to sleep and really chilled out for a change.

The next thing I remember was waking up in the recovery room I was very confusedand doped up. I remember I kept saying "no more social workers now. "No more social workers now" and I remember a man standing next to me. He asked me if I had, had any trouble with social workers and I said in a comfused and doped up state "I wanna bleedin' kill 'em for what they have done to my family!" the man said "oh dear". The next minute I heard a nurse' voice and I told her that I felt very sore and they gave me a small dose of morphine.
I asked for a drink and all they give me was 2 cotton wool things to stick in my mouth until I got back to the ward. Soon after that she took me back to the ward.

Back on the ward I was put into bed and I just slept for ages. I was relaxed from the morphine and my husband was there as well. Someone from theatre came round and I asked if I had been steriliwed righ lol. It emerged that I had to have something else done as well but i won't post that on here. As the evening progressed I started to feel sick and want something to eat. I tried to eat some toast but it was awful. My mouth was all dry and I had a job to swallow. I wanted to drink more than eat. a few hours later I was still feeling sick but I just wanted to get out of the place. I was sent to a bed on the gynae ward and I slep there for an hour and then went home. I couldn't sleep because the lights on the ward were hurting my eye as they were too bright, they couldn't turn them off as they had other patients to tend to. My husband went down to the shop and bought me back a sald roll and a bag of mini cheddars (yeah you guessed it the last thing I wanted was something dry and saulty!) He got earache for getting me them lol :-) so I didn't eat them. About 8.30 at night I was relased to go home as I hadn't been sick.

Back home I felt ill and was as sick as a dog lol. :-) after that everything was all right.

What is it coming to when you are living in what is supposed to be a free country when the choice is to be sterilised to prevent the SS turning up again. There was more to my reasons for being sterilised than the SS like the kids having bad eyes but a sighted person who had nothing wrong with them could be faced with that choice.

I wanted to flee when I found out I was pregnant with baby Free but how would I have lived abroad. I don't think they have disability benefits over there as far as I know. How would I have coped even? How does anybody cope when they have to leave all they know - their family, friends, home and pets? Some people are still faced with this dreadful dilemma but luckily for me it is all over with never again.

Freebird

No comments:

Post a Comment